function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
priya bhawna shettypriya bhawna shetty 

admin related scenario related2

hello guys

hope all doing good.....

theres two users in organisation.user u1 with profile p1 and user u2 with profile p2.

user u1 with profile p1 is holding 20 records and user u2 with proflle  p2 is holding 20 records.

so the question is , how do i restrict user u2 to view,edit,del the user u1 records and vice versa..

thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
digamber.prasaddigamber.prasad

Hi,

Even if you make object private, people in role hierarchy above user1 can still see the same records at the same time. However, if you want the restriction only users in same role hierarchy and below, making object private will solve your purpose.

Let me know, if you it doens't solve your problem, we can discuss it further.

Happy to help you!

Regards,

Digamber Prasad

All Answers

Anil SavaliyaAnil Savaliya

Hi,

Make record object Private ,To prevent to see another user record or vice-versa.

digamber.prasaddigamber.prasad

Hi,

Even if you make object private, people in role hierarchy above user1 can still see the same records at the same time. However, if you want the restriction only users in same role hierarchy and below, making object private will solve your purpose.

Let me know, if you it doens't solve your problem, we can discuss it further.

Happy to help you!

Regards,

Digamber Prasad

This was selected as the best answer
S SaiS Sai
Hi Prasda,

i am creating 3 users User1,User2,User3careating some records in sys adm and changing the owner as user2 ok now i am login to user in that time show user2 related records only.in OWD no need to privare i need only publicreadonly.

When i am using private in that time showing only user2 records only