function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Raja236Raja236 

pick list value

Hi,

I  have one requirement that one custom field has has multiple values,when i select other value text box should be displayed

User enters the value in text box , while searching i found some solutions with formula fields , its not working

Please suggest

Thanks Regards

Raja

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Raja,

This can not be done without programming. You need to implement it with visualforce pages.

All Answers

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello,

Do you wish to show a text box on selection of a particular value? Please elaborate.

Raja236Raja236

Yes the same, for e.g. i have list of countries where we have other also in value if i select other automatically text box should be appeared so we can provide details in text box and it will insert in DB.

Thanks and Regards

Raja

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Raja,

This can not be done without programming. You need to implement it with visualforce pages.

This was selected as the best answer
digamber.prasaddigamber.prasad

Hi,

Agree with Vinita that you need to do some programming to achieve exactly same requirement. However, if you want to have this functionality without programming and if you can compromise bit on user experience, you can have validation rule that if user select "Other" from drop-down list, make other field required and keep this field always on page layout.

Please let me know if you need help on this.

Happy to help you!