function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
a9a9 

Salesforce Training org migration to another org

Hi Experts,

I have signed up a training org through salesforce.com training. I performed all the labs in this org to create the recruiting app. I want to continue the effort, but it has 30 days expiration. My options are:

1. migrate my training org to develop edition

2. migrate my training org to sandbox

3. migrate my training org to another training org (again 30 days)

Please let me know if you were me, which route you will choose so that you can continue the lab practice? And what effort and steps you would take to complete the migration?

Thanks much

A9.Zhang

gautam_singhgautam_singh

Hi , 

I am putting down my though process which i followed along with the options which are available for you.:- 

1. migrate my training org to develop edition

This would be the best option available with you.
What I suggest is create a Force.com IDE Project in Eclipse and save your recruiting application schema [Metadata] into it .Once you have a Developer Edition [which doesnt expires] you can move everything from here to the Developer Edition.

For records , There would be a Data Export in the Data Management which will extract all the data reocrds from the Trail Org and then you can use Data Loader or any ETL Tool to import this records in a Developer Edition.

2. migrate my training org to sandbox

For Sandbox you will require to buy an Edition of Salesforce. If you are willing to buy a org from Salesforce then do have to Convert a Trial Account using Checkout. Check This Link .

Once your org crosses the 30 Days Limit you are put on Hold Stage. Check this thread.

3. migrate my training org to another training org (again 30 days) 

Not a good option always.

Hope this fulfills your requirement. 

Important :

Click on the Star Icon aside if this post provides you with useful information and if this is what you where looking for then please mark it as a solution for others benefits.

Thank You

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
The migration to another developer org will be a good option. You can use the Force.com IDE to transfer all the components.
However ,the developer licence comes with just two salesforce licences.
Check if your training project requires more than those.

If you can complete your training in the next 30 days, then you can transfer over to another training org, as it has all the features and licences enabled for your project.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
a9a9
Thank you for the detailed reply and they are quite helpful...

When I followed your instruction in option 1 using Eclipse, one of the challenges is that there are so many changes had been made in the org from custom objects/fields to users profile/field-level-security/sharing rules/permission-sets... What is the best way to identify all the changes introduced since the training org has been created. In other words, what is the best way to identify all the customization had been made in the org.

Creating a package just recruiting app with all the dependencies does not seem to automatically include everything.

Thanks,
A9.Zhang
a9a9

I tested that Developer Edition org only allows two salesforcelicenses, and training org has 25 licenses.

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Yes, so if your project includes the use of many licences, then a training org would be better.