function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DannyK88DannyK88 

Salesforce 1 App Developer Guide - Question

Hi Everyone,

I am going through the Salesforce 1 App Deveoper guide and I'm running into some issues. When I get to the part where I have to create the canvas app in Salesforce and I have to add the Locations under the Canvas App Settings section I do not have the Locations they have in the Guide. I am missing Publisher and Chatter Feed. Is there a permission that I need to set that will allow me to have these locations added to the picklist? I am currently under a Devloper Org that was created before the Winter '14 release. Would that be the reason why I don't have these locations available?

Thanks,

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Danny, 

There is a note on pg # 46, 

Note: Support for Force.com Canvas apps in the publisher, the Chatter
feed, and Salesforce1 is currently available through a pilot program 

and is available in all new Development Edition organizations. For
information on enabling it for your organization, contact
salesforce.com

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/platform_connect/canvas_framework.pdf 

Regards,

Ashish

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Danny, 

If you have a regular or a partner org you may contact your Account Executive for this pilot to be enabled or open a support case. 

Regards,

Ashish

SamReadySamReady

Hi Danny,

First check that your object is enabled for feed tracking. You can do this by going to Setup > Customize > Chatter > Feed Tracking, select the object, and then check "Enable for Feed Tracking." After this, navigate to Setup > Customize  > Chatter >  Settings and click edit. Scroll to the bottom of the page and check the box next to "Enable Publisher Actions." Publisher Actions came out a couple releases ago, but if your org pre-dates their availability, you simply need to enable them.

Does this solve your issue? Let me know if you have any questions!

raygaoraygao
I ran into the same problem. It seems to me, DEV accounts before Winter 14, do not have 'Publisher' enabled in the 'Canvas App setting'.