function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Deepak Kumar ShyoranDeepak Kumar Shyoran 

Case: Status Update

Hi All,

I have some records type on Case object each and also have some picklist type field on Case.  I needed to change all picklist type field on and sandbox according to another sandbox for that I copy  picklist type field and RecodType metadata from one to another. That's fine by doing this I'm able to change all my picklist type field according to the records type , but the value of Status on Case which is a standard field is not updated.

Please suggest me some solution so that I can updated Case:Status this field.

Any help is Appreciated

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
digamber.prasaddigamber.prasad

Hi,

I tried to replicate the same in my dev org. And I can see that in record type page Status field is not available for 'Edit', which means all record type will have all Status picklist values available and we can't override this.

However, there is a catch, if you have multiple "Support Process", then you using Eclipse you can check for name of support process and change "Values" into it. And you should be good to go.

Actually in case of CASE, every Support Process is associated to a particular record type and that how Status get associated.

Let me know if you have any question.

Happy to help you!

All Answers

Could you please update the status field first using metadata and then recordtype. I just tried to change the picklist value 'Agriculture' to 'Agriculture123' for field 'Industry' on Lead object.

I have created a project in eclipse and included objects in metadata component. then I went to metadata of Lead object and changed the above said value and it updated in salesforce successfully.

Thanks for your reply.

I did the same firstly I canged the picklist values for all field then after recordtype and by doing this I'm able to change all picklist type field on Case object  excepy Status field. I am not able to change values according to recordtype for Case : Status except that all values got changed.

Hi,

I have tried to update picklist value from 'Working' to 'Working123' of Status field on case object and was able to successfully do it. Will you please let me know what do you mean by "change values according to recordtype for Case : Status"?

Happy to help you!

Hi ,

Thanks for reply.

Here is my scenario 

Firstly create some recordtype on Case Let say (Recordtype1,RecordsType2) on Case Object and then let say we have five values on Case : Status like ( status1,status2,staus3,staus4,staus5).

Now I need to set Status values according to recordtype in following manner :-

RecordType  ---------------------   Status Value to be displayed

1. Recordtype1  --------------------> Status1, Status2,Status5
  2. Recordstype2---------------------> Starus1,Stauts3,Staus4

I need to set the Status values to be dependent on Recordtype.

I am not only want to add some values to Status picklist ...I knew It's very simple to change any one can do that easily.

Hi,

I tried to replicate the same in my dev org. And I can see that in record type page Status field is not available for 'Edit', which means all record type will have all Status picklist values available and we can't override this.

However, there is a catch, if you have multiple "Support Process", then you using Eclipse you can check for name of support process and change "Values" into it. And you should be good to go.

Actually in case of CASE, every Support Process is associated to a particular record type and that how Status get associated.

Let me know if you have any question.

Happy to help you!

This was selected as the best answer

Thanks for your reply.

I have exactly same problem that all field are available on RECORDTYPE for edit but there is no such option to edit STATUS field. I was hopping that there might be some other way around to do that but as you saying that we can't change it well in that case it's fine. I've also tried to change STATUS via METADATA of RECORDTYPE but didn't got any good news.

Your help is really appreciated.

Hi,

Do you have any 'Support Process' defiene?

Sorry we are not having "Support Process" yet.

What in case if we have some "Support Process" ?

Hi,

In case of Support Process, above suggested solution will for you. Let me try, how it behaves if there is no Support Process.

Will keep you updated.

Anshul BhagatAnshul Bhagat

Hi @Deepak Kumar Shyoran, 
Is there any update on this? Were you able to acheive this. I actually have a similar problem and I came across your post but its too old. Still curious to know if this is being resolved.
Any help is apprecaited.

Thanks,
Anshul