function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GaneeeshGaneeesh 

how can i call this class from Apex trigger..?

i have written a class for Case merge functionality , But the problem is when ever i call this class from trigger it shows error .... can anybody help me how can i call this class from trigger....? and this this is my class please send me how can i call this class from trigger..

public with sharing class casemerge{

public void mergecases(Case dupcase,Id mastercaseid){

System.debug('*************dupcase records**************'+dupcase);

//--------Duplicate all attachments

List<Attachment> AttachmentsToBeCreated = new List<Attachment>();  

for (Attachment a : [SELECT Name, IsPrivate, Description, Body FROM Attachment WHERE ParentId = :dupCase.Id AND IsDeleted=false]){

AttachmentsToBeCreated.add(new Attachment(ParentId = masterCaseId,Name = a.Name,IsPrivate = a.IsPrivate,Description = a.Description,Body = a.Body));        

}        

//-------Duplicate all comments

List<CaseComment> CommentsToBeCreated = new List<CaseComment>();

for (CaseComment cc : [SELECT IsPublished, CreatedDate, CommentBody FROM CaseComment WHERE ParentId = :dupCase.Id AND IsDeleted=false]) {

CommentsToBeCreated.add(new CaseComment(ParentId = masterCaseId,IsPublished = cc.IsPublished,CommentBody = 'This case comment was originally created on ' + cc.CreatedDate +' and was merged into this case.\r\r' + cc.CommentBody));        

}

if (!CommentsToBeCreated.IsEmpty())

insert CommentsToBeCreated;

//-------Change the whatid for all tasks

List<Task> allTasks = [SELECT Id, WhatId FROM Task WHERE WhatId = :dupCase.Id AND IsDeleted=false];

if (!allTasks.isEmpty()) {    

for (integer i = 0; i < allTasks.size(); i++)    

allTasks[i].WhatId = masterCaseId;    

update allTasks;        

}

//-----Change the whatid for all Events

List<Event> allEvents = [SELECT Id, WhatId FROM Event WHERE WhatId = :dupCase.Id AND IsDeleted=false];

if (!allEvents.isEmpty()) {

for (integer i = 0; i < allEvents.size(); i++)

allEvents[i].WhatId = masterCaseId;            

update allEvents;        

}      

// duplicate all the attachments (of the case and related emails)

if (!AttachmentsToBeCreated.IsEmpty())

insert AttachmentsToBeCreated;  

// delete the original case and all it's related items

delete dupCase;

}

}

Deepa.B.AnkaliDeepa.B.Ankali

@Ganeeesh,

What is the error that you are getting? Create an instance of that class and invoke it.

GaneeeshGaneeesh

the error is "System.SObjectException: DML statment cannot operate on trigger.new or trigger.old: Class.casemerge.mergecases: line 38, column 1"

And my trigger is ...................

trigger trgoncase2 on Case (after insert) {
Case cs=trigger.new[0];
System.debug('************this is new case****************'+cs);
list<Case> lstcs=[select id,casenumber from Case where accountid =: cs.accountid AND contactid =: cs.contactid AND casenumber !=: cs.casenumber];
for(Case c:lstcs){
System.debug('**********existing case*************'+c);
Casemerge cm=new Casemerge();
cm.mergecases(cs,c.id);
}
}

how can i call that class from this trigger can you please tell me...........

@Ganeeesh,

Apex does not allow you to perform DML on the records being triggered through the trigger itself. You can use @future method to solve this. Once your trigger is complete, this class will be called

GaneeeshGaneeesh

how can i use @future can you please show me once..? is this mention boefore the method rignt..?

GaneeeshGaneeesh

If i use @future annotation it show an error at a method parameter  and this is my method "public static void mergerecords(Case dupcase,id masterrecordid)"   in this method it shows error like "un supported parameter type sobject: case".  i got this error how can i rectify this error.....? can u please explain me.......

@Ganeeesh, 

Find  details about future annotation here

GaneeeshGaneeesh

then how can i calll that method from trigger ........... please tell me...

Satyendra RawatSatyendra Rawat

Hi 

GaneeeshGaneeesh

it is also throws this type of  Error "Error: Compile Error: Unsupported parameter type LIST<Case> at line 3 column 20"