function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SvelmaSvelma 

How to export over 1.5 million records using dataloader

Hi,

I have over 1.5 million records. When I tried to export using dataloader, the extracted .csv file displays only 1048576 records as this is the maximum an excel can display. What can I do to get all my records? 

Is there a way to import files from salesforce to MS Access directly?

Thank you.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JimRaeJimRae

The Dataloader should have told you how many records it extracted.  Depending on the version of Access you are trying to use, you could then import the CSV directly to Access (without opening in Excel first).  You should also look at the Synchronizer on the AppExchange, it provides an Access front end to the Dataloader, and is very slick!!

Other than that, you would need to look at one of the ETL tools that has an SFDC connector, Informatica Cloud, Pentaho Enterprise (what we use), and Talend all have one.  I also believe that someone has an ODBC or JDBC driver for SFDC as well.  These solutions may have a free version, or may be a paid product.

All Answers

Jake GmerekJake Gmerek

Open the CSV file in a straight text editor (think notepad or vi).  I am not sure how many lines that either of these can display but it is worth a shot as it is possible that the dataloader is exporting all of the records, but excel, I know, has limitations built in.

JimRaeJimRae

The Dataloader should have told you how many records it extracted.  Depending on the version of Access you are trying to use, you could then import the CSV directly to Access (without opening in Excel first).  You should also look at the Synchronizer on the AppExchange, it provides an Access front end to the Dataloader, and is very slick!!

Other than that, you would need to look at one of the ETL tools that has an SFDC connector, Informatica Cloud, Pentaho Enterprise (what we use), and Talend all have one.  I also believe that someone has an ODBC or JDBC driver for SFDC as well.  These solutions may have a free version, or may be a paid product.

This was selected as the best answer
SvelmaSvelma

Thank you Jim. Importing the CSV directly to Access worked fine.