function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
paulmag32paulmag32 

adding corporate logos/images to a record

Hi there, I want to add the logo for my customers onto the account page. I use the image formula just now but have realised that with the amount of customers we have that the formula length will exceed the allowed text length. Does anybody have a solution to this? Just to make it a bit trickier i'd also like branches to be able to inherit the logo from the head office and not have to sit and add a URL to every record.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Paul

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

A small workaround for this to create a Rich text area field and copy/paste the image in it. This is best suited to your requirement.

I also have a blog post for it, but that comes in role when I have uploaded all images in notes and attachment of record and want to change it frequently, but don't think it is helpful to you.

http://forceguru.blogspot.com/2011/06/display-picture-in-contact.html

I will suggest you to go with the first approach : creating rich text area field.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

tcherlettcherlet

Hope this can help: http://forceguru.blogspot.com/2011/06/display-picture-in-contact.html

It's for contact, but you can apply it to Account aswell.

tcherlettcherlet

Nice one Ankit, you beat me with a few seconds :)

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Oh thank you so much for sharing my blog post here, if you guys are going with this one let me know if you face any issue. I can help you resolve it.

But I will still suggest you to go with the rich text area field approach. Short,sweet and best suited to your requirement.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

paulmag32paulmag32

Thanks for that will check it out.

Paul

paulmag32paulmag32

Hi there, just wondering if there is a way to do this en-masse or if it needs to be added 1 record at a time?

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

You need to upload the files one by one at a time.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

jasonrennekingjasonrenneking

You can use a combination of a URL and Formula field to implement Customer / Client Logos on any object.  I wrote a post about it Your Customer’s Logos on Salesforce.Com Accounts and Reports.

Here’s how you can do it:

1. Go into your User Menu and Select Setup
  2. Go to Account –> Fields
  3. Select New Field
  4. Data Type = URL
  5. Field Label = Logo_URL
  6. Set up the Permissions to this field accordingly
  7. Create another New Field
  8. Data Type = Formula
  9. Field Label = Logo
  10. Formula = IMAGE( Logo_URL__c , “Company Logo”, 60, 80)
  11. Set up the Permissions to this field accordingly

Just add a URL to a logo and it will be available in Salesforce as an Image.

NOTES:

* images do not show up on Dashboards at this time.  Exercise your ability to tell Salesforce you want this feature by voting on this Idea – http://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000aJkPAAU

Hope this helps.