function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RajiiiRajiii 

Custom button page redirect link without hard coding

Hi,

I have created custom button with content source URL, like 

/a0A/e?CF00NT0000001S5Nv={!Trial_Request__c.Name}

here i hard code the '/a0A/e' tab name but i need query or something hand this tab name without hard code.

Thanks

Rajiii

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RArunrajRArunraj

Hi,

You need to put your custom object api name Customize --> Create --> objects --> click on the object label you want to use-->copy the Api name which will end with __c

/{!$ObjectType.Apiname of  your custom object}/e?CF00NT0000001S5Nv={!Trial_Request__c.Name}

or

go to the custom button and click on the edit button

In that you will see that !$objecttype in the Select Fied Type DropDown, select the required object from the Insert field drop down box

Thanks,

Arunraj

All Answers

RArunrajRArunraj

Hi Rajiii,

You need to use 

/{!$ObjectType.customobjectapiName__c}/e?CF00NT0000001S5Nv={!Trial_Request__c.Name}

Thanks,

R. Arunraj

RajiiiRajiii

Hi,

I get error 'Field customobjectapiName__c does not exist' ....

RArunrajRArunraj

Hi,

You need to put your custom object api name Customize --> Create --> objects --> click on the object label you want to use-->copy the Api name which will end with __c

/{!$ObjectType.Apiname of  your custom object}/e?CF00NT0000001S5Nv={!Trial_Request__c.Name}

or

go to the custom button and click on the edit button

In that you will see that !$objecttype in the Select Fied Type DropDown, select the required object from the Insert field drop down box

Thanks,

Arunraj

This was selected as the best answer
RArunrajRArunraj

Hi Rajiii,

You are able to get the result?

Thanks,

Arunraj

RajiiiRajiii

Hi,

Thanks i got it..

Thanks

Rajiii

RajiiiRajiii

Hi.

Another one request, i have custom button in detail page for open a child object. for example Eval_Request__c have child object Request_Detail__c object. if i click that button create a new record page for Request_Detail__c window. 

The URL described here "/a0A/e?CF00NT0000001S5Nv={!Trial_Request__c.Name}"

I need find id which one object "CF00NT0000001S5Nv", but this is not a id for Eval_Request__c and Request_Detail__c. How to find this id in which object.

Thanks. 

RArunrajRArunraj

Hi,

CF00NT0000001S5Nv

The text marked with blue colour is the field id

put the following URL in the browser:  https://ap1.salesforce.com/00NT0000001S5Nv    , in the same page you will see the object name

ap1 or na5 based on your instance

Thanks,
Arunraj

RajiiiRajiii

Hi,

Thank you so much....

RajiiiRajiii

Hi,

I have using url custom button like 

/{!$ObjectType.Eval_Request_Detail__c}/e?CF00NT0000001S5Nv={!Trial_Request__c.Name}&CF00NT0000001S5Nv_lkid={!Trial_Request__c.Id}&retURL=%2F{!Trial_Request__c.Id}&saveURL=%2F{!Trial_Request__c.Id}

How to use dynamic change field id in instead of above url bold letters. i have attempt CF{!Eval_Request_Detail__c.Request_NumberId__c} but it was failure.

Thanks..