function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sfdc profSfdc prof 

Customer Portal Login related related

Hi all,

I had created a customer portal using my Developer org, but it's having some Login related  problems, whenever i try to login as new user, i first had to provide email address & on that email address salesforce provides first time password but in my case i'm only getting error messages as

------------------------------------------------------Email--------------------------------------------------------------

We appreciate your interest in registering for an account with "My company name" Customer Portal. However, your signup was not completed due to temporary technical reasons detailed below. Please contact the portal administrator if you have any questions.

Thank you,

'My company name'  Customer Support

Unfortunately, you are ineligible for registering an account at this time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so please provide me any solution for this.

Thanks in advance..........

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Am bit confused, as when we login in customer/partner portal then we need to provide credentials (UN and PW) . If we are logging in for first time then it ask to fill the new password. Which screen you are talking about where you are filling email address and salesforce sends you the email.

Also please let me know if there is a email template which is having the same text :

"We appreciate your interest in registering for an account with "My company name" Customer Portal. However, your signup was not completed due to temporary technical reasons detailed below. Please contact the portal administrator if you have any questions." etc...

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

Sfdc profSfdc prof

Hi Ankit,

When u click customer portal URl, it's shows login window, there r 2 options one is for current user to enter Username & password & another one is for New User,in this u just have to give your Mail id & then password is to be sent by Salesforce.

I think i had attached the e-mail template that i'm getting, it's actually sending an error template don know why?.

Is this related to any licence related issue??

Thanls for reply.

sham_1sham_1

Hi Sfdc Prof,

You need to authorize the contact who can self register to your portal.

To do this, add the checkbox Allow Customer Portal Self-Registration to contact page layout.

Enable this checkbox to true . You may need to grant security permissions to this field.

After you have enabled this setting.

The contact will be able to self register.

Hope that helps.

DalanaDalana

I am having an issue with two things, same topic:

I have the checkbox added to "Allow Customer Portal Self Registration"

Is there a way to set this value to true for all users or does it have to be done individually?

Also, since our company needs to verify each user prior to generating and emailing a password to them, how do we know someone has tried to sign up for an account? Is there somewhere to program an email to an administrator so we can verify the user right away?

Urgent help is needed! Please :)

ChandraChoukseyChandraChouksey

You need to authorize the contact who can self register to your portal.

To do this, add the checkbox Allow Customer Portal Self-Registration to contact page layout.

Enable this checkbox to true . You may need to grant security permissions to this field.

After you have enabled this setting.

The contact will be able to self register.

Note: This is really halping comment.