function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MktdevMktdev 

Customer Portal Role Hierarchy

Hi,

Any one have any idea how to use the Customer Portal Role Hierarchy.

Since Customer Portal role has three role executive,manager and user.Now suppose user having User role are creating case so if we assign a user with Manager role then he/she can see all cases raised by User Role users.

But I want that if a User Role user is Reporting to XYZ manager then only XYZ manager can see his cases not all the managers.

Manager1                                                            Manager2                                    Manager3

|                                                                               |                                                    | 

User1,User2                                                       User3,User4                               User5,User6

Currently Manager1 can see user3,user4,user5 and user6 cases and same for other.

I tried using Manager field but that doesnot allow us to select portal user.

Thanks is advance!

Regards,

Mktg

BA_AdminBA_Admin

In this case you need to create a custom field ex: Region and you need to assign each manger to the region and create sharing settings on the case since you can do that based on criteria

MktdevMktdev

Hi Venu,

Thanks!

But I dont think we can do like this as manager still have access to all.

I am looking for something that will enable case access to there reporting manager.

Suppose : you and XYZ reports to Mr.Mike.I and ABC report to Mr.John.

So mke should only see yours and Xyz's case where as John can only see Mine and ABC's cases.

Regards,

Mktg

BA_AdminBA_Admin

I guess in that case you would have to set the ORG settings for case to private abd create Public group for you and XYZ and create another public group for Mr.Mike and set the sharing settings .