function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lemondashlemondash 

Salesforce and Installed Package

Hello all,

In the current my live salesforce some of the visualforce pages are part of installed package, which i can't edit them.

Not having my luck with finding any info how to get around this.

Any help would be great.

Lee

Chamil MadusankaChamil Madusanka

Hi,

You have installed a managed package. Managed packages are not allowed to edit installed classes,VF pages, component , etc .

If a reply to a post answers your question or resolves your problem, please mark it as the solution to the post so that others may benefit.

lemondashlemondash

Ok i thought as much.

Is there any way to edit the package, or export the package to an IDE make changes and then delopy the package ?

thanks Lee

lemondashlemondash

Ok the only way i can think of doing this is to:

Make a copy of my current Salesforce to a sandbox.

Make the changes i need.

Create a new package.

Redepoly.

Any thoughts, just need to make sure i'm getting this right.

aalbertaalbert

If the visualforce page is part of the managed package, there is no way for the consumer (ie org where it is installed) to edit the visualforce page code. The ISV who created the managed package controls that on their end. 

That said, a possible workaround would be to clone the Visualforce page. That newly cloned page can be edited. But I urge caution since that page could break in future upgrades of the managed package (nor will that page get upgraded if the source visualforce page gets upgraded in a future managed package version).