function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Balu_devBalu_dev 

Revert to original changes in Production after Deployment.

I want to know that after deploying Application Changes to production, Suppose if I want to go back to its previous configuration then what are the steps to be followed ?

grigri9grigri9

There is no built in revert functionality. You would have to make a backup of your metadata configuration prior to deploying your changes. If you deploy through eclipse you can save the metadata components to a zipped file on your local machine.

Kent ManningKent Manning

Once you've saved your metadata components to a zipped file, how do you redeploy them back into a production environment?  When I try to import the backup files back into eclipse I get a mess. It recreates the entire folder structure rather than just one object and then there is no way to delete this from eclipse once its been imported.  How do you use eclipse to restore one object from a backed up metadata file?

I see a lot of information about how to make a metadata backup but nothing on how to redeploy that metadata, so any suggestions would be a great help. 

Thanks

grigri9grigri9

If you just have the zipped metadata it's probably easier to deploy this via the force.com migration tool.

However, if you don't feel like setting up the migration tool I would do the following:

1) Create a new project in eclipse linked to the sandbox with just the metadata components you want to re-deploy (this should be close to what you have in the zip file).

2) switch the project to work offline mode (force.com -> work offline)

3) Replace the files in your local workspace with the files from the zip.

4) manually save all the files to sandbox.

5) deploy from sandbox to production.