function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ParallaxViewParallaxView 

Problem using Reports to manage Users

I hope this is the right place to post this question or annoyance.  If it is not, please point me in the right direction.  We have a custom field on user accounts that people want to update way too often. 

I created a report to pull up the users who have this custom label so I can see who's account needs to be changed.  What is really annoying me is I can't bring up the users account to modify it from the report.  I have tried: User ID, User Name, User Email Address, but no matter what field I try to add I get a view of the user's chatter comments rather than that users actual account so I can easily modify it and go on to the next one.

Is there a user account field I can add to a report where I can open the link and have a view of that user's account, rather than their Chatter page?

Is there something I'm missing here?

MelliottMelliott

I don't think this is possible.  Since the new UI was released, you can't jumpt directly to a user record's page. You alwasy end up on their chatter profile first and it is really annoying.

I recommend that you create a view under Set up/users that mimics the report criteria if possible.  This will allow you to jump directly to the user record.  

Or you can dump the report to csv, make the changes in excel and push the changes back up with data loader and your done and don't have to go into each record.