function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
symantecAPsymantecAP 

Inserting and Deleting USERS in Salesforce through Data Loader

Hi All 

Here is my question . If we are inserting Users  in  Salesforce with all mandatory fields then how is the password generated. Can we have our desired password and insert the Users.

Second question : How do we delete users in through Data Loader. 

and how do I schedule the Data Loader?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

1) They have a random password assigned. I believe that the system ordinarily sends an email with the new password on creation of the user account. If you have a custom integration, you can call setPassword on the user to manually set a password, but the Apex Data Loader does not have this functionality.

2) You can't delete a user. To remove a user's access, uncheck the Active checkbox (IsActive in the Apex Data Loader). You can't deactivate yourself, and you must be an administrator to perform this action. Your license usage is based on the number of active users-- there may be any number of inactive users, none of which count against your organization's license limit. Salesforce.com (at least, when I worked there) recommends that you never "recycle" a user. Even though it may be tempting to just change the username, email, and display name, you will help to confuse the audit trails, making it hard to tell at a glance what the new user has done versus the old user.

3) To schedule the Apex Data Loader, you would read the CLI documentation. Scheduling is dependent on your operating system. Windows uses Task Scheduler, Linux uses cron. You can also use tanuki (a Java wrapper framework) to write a Java-based service, which in turn can invoke the various parts of the Apex Data Loader (this is an advanced technique).

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

1) They have a random password assigned. I believe that the system ordinarily sends an email with the new password on creation of the user account. If you have a custom integration, you can call setPassword on the user to manually set a password, but the Apex Data Loader does not have this functionality.

2) You can't delete a user. To remove a user's access, uncheck the Active checkbox (IsActive in the Apex Data Loader). You can't deactivate yourself, and you must be an administrator to perform this action. Your license usage is based on the number of active users-- there may be any number of inactive users, none of which count against your organization's license limit. Salesforce.com (at least, when I worked there) recommends that you never "recycle" a user. Even though it may be tempting to just change the username, email, and display name, you will help to confuse the audit trails, making it hard to tell at a glance what the new user has done versus the old user.

3) To schedule the Apex Data Loader, you would read the CLI documentation. Scheduling is dependent on your operating system. Windows uses Task Scheduler, Linux uses cron. You can also use tanuki (a Java wrapper framework) to write a Java-based service, which in turn can invoke the various parts of the Apex Data Loader (this is an advanced technique).

This was selected as the best answer
sai.sfsai.sf

I am able to create a new user through apex but the user is not receiving the email.Any thoughts?

Thanks