function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tbuckettbucket 

Reporting on WHEN an Activity was marked Completed

I was trying to build a weekly report of of completed activities.  I want to know WHEN the status was changed to Completed.  When I went in to create a new report, History was no whereto be found.  So I thought History Tracking was not turned on on the Activity object, but when I went to check, I found that it was not an option.  No worries, I thought I would just go in and create a new report type to solve the problem, but can't seem to do it there either.  

Any advice here?  Again, I'm not looking for a simple list of completed activities, I'm looking for the date that represetns WHEN the status was changed to Completed.  I think on a custom object, I would just turn history on and report against those records, but having problems doing that on the Activity object.

TB

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Hi,

In order to find when a task was closed you can capture the same info in a custom field using a trigger written on task object.

Then you can create a report which captures alll those fields which holds a not null value for the field which holds the task closure date.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

All Answers

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Hi,

In order to find when a task was closed you can capture the same info in a custom field using a trigger written on task object.

Then you can create a report which captures alll those fields which holds a not null value for the field which holds the task closure date.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

This was selected as the best answer
tbuckettbucket

I was afraid that was the answer!  We have Group Edition, so no-go on the trigger.  I'm going to over-communicate an internal business rule simply to update the Date field manually when they mark it complete, and that field will be used in the report I am writing.

Thanks though!

TB