function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RArunrajRArunraj 

Field is not displaying in the custom report type

Hi all,

I have created a cutom report type named as Opportunity with product, So I need to display one of the custom field ot type text from the product object. But that field I am not able to see in the custom report type layout and the FIELD LEVEL SECURITY for that field is also visible for the system admin profile. So can anybody help me on this, what could be the the reason that the field is not coming on the custom report type layout .

Thanks,

CrocketCrocket

I am new to this, but did you check "Allow Reports" when you created the object?

Also, the following is from the Create | Object help page:

Allow Reports

Makes the data in the custom object records available for reporting purposes.

To create reports on custom objects, choose the Other Reports report type category unless the custom object has a relationship with a standard object. When the custom object has a master-detail relationship with a standard object, or is a lookup object on a standard object, select the standard object for the report type category instead.

Santro652Santro652

Please check if the field is visible on the page layout, if not bring it on the page layout and try it out, or else just recreate the field it will get visble.. sometimes salesforce acts funny.. experienced the same before.