function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tushar SethTushar Seth 

Data Loading of Spanish Language

Hii Friends,

Can anybody tell me how to import/export spanish or foreign language data into an org.

After mapping spanish record with custom field I am getting 'Instrucci�n Test'  of record value.

I am not able to figure out where is the problem, is it due to .csv file or from sf org. 

how to use workbench with language senarios.

Thanks in advance.

TUSHAR SETH

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

You should make sure you're saving the CSV file in UTF-8 format. Failure to follow this single step will almost always result in data corruption when you try to upload accented characters, such as ó or ñ.

Tushar SethTushar Seth

Thank sfdcfox for your reply

but when I saved excel file into .csv format it won't ask me about format options of UTF-8.

Please tell me how to proceed on this issue.

Thanks,

Tushar

rob3000rob3000

You could use another tool for.csv files. For example Libre / Open Office allows to specify the coding and also the field delimiter.

SFDJOSFDJO

Encountered the same problem. You can change the encoding when you export reports, or as others have noted, Open office allows for a wide variety of encoding. 

Unfortunately, the problem persisted on a Mac and could only be solved jumping on a PC. 

OSX 10.6

Data loading with LexiLoader

Wanda Cea 10Wanda Cea 10
If you go into Data Loader --> Settings, there are two checkbox for UTF-8 encoding that should be checked in order to support the special characters. After updating the Settings, try again with the export of the data to a .csv file