function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Peter KempPeter Kemp 

Time zone inconsistencies

Hi,

We have a custom object that records the time that an event starts.  On creating this event it fires a SOAP packet to an external webservice.  This webservice treats the date as a string and doesn't perform any logic on it.  However, when the date reaches the external webservice the date is an hour out, the date was put into Salesforce as a BST date and appears to be exported as a GMT date.  I have checked the settings in our salesforce and it is set to BST Europe/London.  On exporting the users from our salesforce account their details match the accounts timezone. TIMEZONESIDKEY = 'Europe/London'.  there is no logic firing on the custom object side.  Any ideas what is going on here and how to fix it?

Thanks

Pete

SiriusBlackOpSiriusBlackOp

Trying to follow here.  So the date that is being sent to your external web service via your insert trigger is sending the date in an incorrect timezone?

Maybe you should post some of the trigger code that formats the date.

PlukePluke

We're not using a trigger, we're using a Workflow rule, so on an update / create it sends all the information to an external webservice.  Hope that helps.

i'm using another account, it wouldn't let me post with my old one

Message Edited by Pluke on 07-02-2009 09:26 AM
SuperfellSuperfell
DateTimes in Outbound Messaging (and the API as well) are all in GMT, so I'd expect to see the time part of the value change an hour during to daylight savings time currently being in effect, which is 1 hour off from GMT. The TZ offset is included in the dateTime serialization.
Peter KempPeter Kemp

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your response.  Is there anyway to get the the outbound messages matching the region of our salesforce instance?  I don't want to have to write logic on the webservice side to deal with this. Can I consider this a bug?

Thanks

Pete

SuperfellSuperfell
No, you can't change this, this is not really a bug, as the date sent sent is fully qualified (i.e. it includes the fact that its offset from GMT is 0 hours).