function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sftrial2009sftrial2009 

Creating a lead via web app

I would like to create a Salesforce lead based on info I gather in a web app.  Questions...

1- If I use the Salesforce API, what is the easiest way to prevent duplicate leads/accounts from being created? Is the email address for an account automatically restricted to unique values?

2- I see that there are some AppExchange apps that convert emails to leads.  Anyone have success with this? (advantage: don't have to write code)

3- Can I easily use an Apex Email Service to get leads generated via email? 

Manoj_79Manoj_79

1- If I use the Salesforce API, what is the easiest way to prevent duplicate leads/accounts from being created? Is the email address for an account automatically restricted to unique values?

Ans: check the combination of fields like account, email, phone, contact to find whether the record already exists or not. If exists, update the existing record else create the new record using the salesforce API.

2- I see that there are some AppExchange apps that convert emails to leads. Anyone have success with this? (advantage: don't have to write code)

Ans: Yes

3- Can I easily use an Apex Email Service to get leads generated via email?

Ans: Yes it is possible. You need to configure email services and code to generate the leads coming from configured email id.

Thanks

manoj

sftrial2009sftrial2009
ok, so out of the different ways I've listed to automate the creation of leads in Salesforce from my web app, what do people recommend and why?