function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
alliswellalliswell 

One custom object-CRUD permission-Many profiles

Hi All,

What do you do when you need to see CRUD permission for a single custom object across all the existing profiles(many of them) in an instance?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AroraAnupAroraAnup

Here is a quick & dirty way to achieve what you are looking for. You can create a custom view under profiles and in the View criteria, you can specify the object/permissions on which you want the view results (profiles) to be filtered:

1. Goto Setup-->Administrative Setup-->Profiles-->Create new View

2. Enter View Name (example: All profiles with Account-CRUD Permissions)

3. Sepcify Filter Criteria-->Setting lookup-->Account:Read = TRUE (you can then add additional rows to have filters for Account:Create, Account:Edit and Account:Delete

4. Select the columns that you want to see in your list view and Save.

5. You should be good to go!

Hops this helps! Let me know how it goes.

All Answers

AroraAnupAroraAnup

Here is a quick & dirty way to achieve what you are looking for. You can create a custom view under profiles and in the View criteria, you can specify the object/permissions on which you want the view results (profiles) to be filtered:

1. Goto Setup-->Administrative Setup-->Profiles-->Create new View

2. Enter View Name (example: All profiles with Account-CRUD Permissions)

3. Sepcify Filter Criteria-->Setting lookup-->Account:Read = TRUE (you can then add additional rows to have filters for Account:Create, Account:Edit and Account:Delete

4. Select the columns that you want to see in your list view and Save.

5. You should be good to go!

Hops this helps! Let me know how it goes.

This was selected as the best answer
alliswellalliswell

Thank you so much for a prompt help :)

However, I am having some issues.

If I type customobject__c:Read  

I get error message saying Setting doesn't exist. Click the lookup icon to select a setting.

If I click Lookup button I get Too many to display refine search criteria when I select a setting as All or Object Permission.

Any insights???

Thanks!!

AroraAnupAroraAnup

I don't think "customobject__c:Read" will work, you will have to click on the lookup and select Object Permissions and then scroll through the list to find the object and the related permissions that you want to filter on. 

Looks like this is the only way out!

alliswellalliswell

Mate!

It works! 

Just had to type 

Custom Object's Label: Read

Although time consuming itself, it is nothing in front of the time I would have put in case I went through each profile (we have zillions of it :) ) and zotted down the CRUD permission for each of them!

Thanks again!

alliswellalliswell

Oh but I still need to create a permutation of CRUD/View All- Modify All Settings

What I mean is I can get profiles where only :Create is true and all of them is false

Then i have to get profiles where only :Read is true and all of them is false

Again profiles where only :Read and :Edit is true but rest of them false...

and so on...

What could be the work around???

AroraAnupAroraAnup

Hmmm...I looked out at several options (Eclipse, SFDC Utility, Reports etc) but its seems only the Enhanced List Views for Profiles is the only option that you have! :(

alliswellalliswell

Luckily around 80% of profiles had one set of permissions :)

So had to manually collect infos for rest of the profiles...not that bad....atleast for now :)

Thanks for your help mate!

AroraAnupAroraAnup

Glad I could help! :)