function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
arosysarosys 

newbie question

Hi 

I am newbie here , Can i know what types of applications or projects are made in salesforce.

Any small example ? ...so that i can try something except inventory management.

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sourav046sourav046

Not really .These are only business specifications,not technical ,

And you're also not bound to use standard objects only .You may create your customs objects and configure those as you want .These have nothing to do with sales and service cloud.

All Answers

sourav046sourav046

Nice question .Thats the first thing you need to know when you start working in any tool.

Well....basically its a CRM solution so all CRM funtionalities are covered here.You can go with lots of customization along with configuration.

So you wanna try something ? Let me give you few ideas do those for yourself .

1)Create a Bank app where you someone can create their accounts

2)Make transaction as debit ,credit ,third party transfer

3)Alert on every transaction

4)Request for loans if certain criterias are fulfilled

5)Make a validation that will maintain a minimum balance  and thereafter notify the Account owner

6)Generate transaction receipts after everyy transaction

7)Send Birthday emails to Accounts on their birhday

and if any new functionality you can add,thats great :)

I hope you'll love doing this if you really wanna learn salesforce .Good luck !

arosysarosys

thanks!!

I have a doubt salesforce CRM products Sales cloud and Service cloud are different products.

It has got nothing to do with its platform Force.com ?

Benefit of platform is cloud computing only ?

I mean to ask there is no relatoin between them?

sourav046sourav046

Look... Sales Cloud refers to the Production and sale of a product .The objects Leads,Oppotunities,Accounts,Contacts,Contracts,Quotes,Products are the parts of sales cloud .It  actually keeps track of the presales to delivery phase of an product.

On the other hand,Service cloud refers to the post sales phase .Like you've sold a product the customer finds out some defect he reaches you to provide a solution.Simply he raises a case and you provided a solution .So the Cases,Solution,Accounts and contacts objects come under the Service/Support cloud.

This is not the exact definition may be,but this is the concept .You'll get to know eventually when you work on client specific requirement .

arosysarosys

No you i didnt get me , I want to know if i want to start development in salesforce platform do i need to be familiar with its sales and service products also?

sourav046sourav046

Not really .These are only business specifications,not technical ,

And you're also not bound to use standard objects only .You may create your customs objects and configure those as you want .These have nothing to do with sales and service cloud.

This was selected as the best answer