function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ken KoellnerKen Koellner 

Tool to Export Accounts to Oracle Database

I'm looking for a tool to export Account data to Oracle.  The tool MUST have the following features.  Please do me a favor and don't suggest any tool that you aren't 100% has the following features-

• Must generated DDL from SF Meta-data from a subset of fields in Account.
  • Must be able to deal with a subset of Account fields and not attempt to generate SOQL for all fields.  We have enought fields that all fields hits the SQL character limit and a query will not run with select of all columns.

From what I've heard jitterbit won't generate DDL.  You have to create the table first in Oracle.

I tried Oracle Cloud but when I selected Account, it generated SOQL that was too long.  (I don't know if there's some other feature I didn't see to get a subset of fields.)

Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

I've used Talend Open Data Studio to do this.

1. You pull down SFDC Metadata into the Repository.

2. You setup a DB Connection to your RDBM.

3. On your SFDC Input connection, you limit the SOQL Query to the subset of fields you want to pull.

4. On your DB Output Connection, select "Create Table If Not Exists and Insert / Update". 

Using the above Job, it will pull the Fields from Account into another DB, and create the Database.

My YouTube showing this process:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRSKhx8OdmI

Hope that helps.

Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

Oh, one other thing.

If you have too many fields you may need to create several jobs to pull the data, one for each if your SOQL is too large. 

Each job would pull a subset of fields as you define.

Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

One last thing. To get the actual DDL that Talend uses to build the table, you could use DESCRIBE on the Tables that the Talend Job creates in your Database.

adamgadamg

Cloudconnect.com supports this use case (w/Bi directional sync) to a MySQL database (which is provisioned and run in the cloud for you), but not Oracle.  You could however connect the MySQL db from within Oracle, etc.