function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Colin LoretzColin Loretz 

Missing Records

On Friday night, over 400 records were deleted from Salesforce at the exact same time. Using SOQLXplorer, I can see the records when querying for deleted records and they all were deleted at the same time by the same username after hours. However they did not delete anything.

This occurred on a production install for a client and their recycling bin has not been emptied but the records do not show up in the recycling bin.

Is there any way to revert these deleted records? Apex undelete() doesn't work because they are not visible in the recycling bin.

I've put in a case with Salesforce but have not yet received a reply. The records deleted in question are used for tracking individuals and their health insurance, which as of Friday, the system believes they do not have insurance so this is a very important issue.

I have used SOQLXplorer to export the records to a csv, so that if i can't undelete them, I can at least reimport them. This will however cause the records to have new salesforce IDs, which I want to avoid if possible.

Any suggestions or alternatives?

Thank you.

cactusdavecactusdave

You might want to check with the user who did the delete to see if they still have the log files on what was deleted. Perhaps, if so you could be able to re-import.  You might also want to restrict his or her access so either not be able to do deletions or not be able to do this off hours. 

Also, Salesforce should be supplying you with weekly back-ups that you can down load. You might want to escalate your case to get those backups to get the lost information.

We have a  policy that before any mass delete is performed, a query is done on what you want to delete in the event that someone wants to revert later on you have that record. I hope this helps