function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nwingnwing 

Field Level Security - Based On Owner & role Hierarchy

Has anyone setup a visibility scenario like this.

I Need the Account page to be visible to everyone across the board, just the basic info, which isn't a problem.  However, I need to restrict the phone number to being visible to only the owners and their superiors in the role hierarchy.  Note, this is not record access, but field access.  I am scratching my head a little and could use a fresh perspective, if indeed it is possible.

thanks,

ngabraningabrani

Select the option Setup | Security Controls | Field Accessibility. Security Controls is available in the Administrative Setup section.
Select the object for which you want to view/edit field level access.
You can now select any any field and view (or edit) the access at profile level.

nwingnwing

That is great for record level security.  I need to have a field visible, or not visible, based on owner, not profile.  Is there a manner to be that granular?  I could do it, I think, using visualforce and have the page dynamically updated upon load, however that would still leave reports and views open to use.

nwingnwing

Anyone have thoughts on this one?  I want to leave the Phone number on the account visible to the owner and their role hierarchy seniority, but keep it hidden from anyone else. 

ManidipaManidipa

Did any one find the solution for this one?Even we have a similar requirement...

karol.freebergkarol.freeberg
Is there a solution for this security issue? I have the same question now.