function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
V DidV Did 

Custom Button on a custom object on Opportunity related list

I have a custom object called Inventory that is tied to the Opportunity object. On the inventory object I have a custom button that creates a new inventory record and copies the opportunity name, picks the appropriate record type, etc.

The problem I am having is putting this button that is on the inventory object onto the inventory related list section on the opportunity page layout, only a New button is available. Is this a limitation?

I would not even need to do this if the button would show up on our users blackerry's at the top of the opportunity page layout, which is where the button originally was before I moved it to the inventory object,

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
skodisanaskodisana

Hi,

The custon button that you have created should be List button.

Please check wheather you have created List or detailed page button.

Once you create edit the oppoertunity page layout and edit.

Goto the Invebtory related list and check for buttons, There it will show the available buttons and add to the selected buttons section.

Finally Save the Opportunity page layout.

Thanks,

Kodisana

All Answers

skodisanaskodisana

Hi,

The custon button that you have created should be List button.

Please check wheather you have created List or detailed page button.

Once you create edit the oppoertunity page layout and edit.

Goto the Invebtory related list and check for buttons, There it will show the available buttons and add to the selected buttons section.

Finally Save the Opportunity page layout.

Thanks,

Kodisana

This was selected as the best answer
V DidV Did

Kodisana,

You are a genius! Thank you, this has solved my issue.

Regards,

V

James KinseyJames Kinsey

Hi,

I am trying to create a custom button on a custom object to create an opportunity.  I would like to merge many fields from the custom object into the new opportunity to reduce admin data entry.

Would you be willing to post or provide your code so I can use it as an example to base my works around?

Thanks in advance!

- James