function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
aedlsaedls 

CTI Toolkit

Is there anyone out there who tried to integrate Avaya AES with Salesforce.com CTI Toolkit?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
werewolfwerewolf
The CTI Toolkit is written only in C++, not in C#.  I have heard that some have been successful in turning on C++ managed extensions for it, but I have not done it myself so I cannot comment on how it can be done (or even whether it can in fact be done successfully).

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf
There are numerous integrations between Avaya and Salesforce.com.  Are you already aware of the integration providers?  Most, like Syntellect and AMC Technology, are on the AppExchange, but Avaya itself even provides an adapter.
aedlsaedls

Yes I am ware of those professional services. What I would like to do is to know how to connect/integrate my CTI Connector (using Avaya products) into Softphone Connector for all CTI actions then handle those CTI events in my EventSink and UserInterface class.

The CTI Toolkit demo helps me a lot to start my CTI Adapter development. Now that my CTI Connector is almost finished how could I plug it in to Softphone Connector. Is there any code snippet or documentation out there than I can access how to implement those things?

werewolfwerewolf

There is no sample code for integrating the CTI Toolkit to Avaya AES.  Those who have built adapters to Avaya sell those adapters and would be unlikely to want to share their code.

You say you're almost finished with your CTI Connector, and yet you haven't written an event sink or CTIUserInterface yet?  Those two pieces form the majority of what you have to write to create an adapter.

aedlsaedls

For the Avaya piece of the CTI Connector is almost done because I know what to do such as user authentication from the server, licensing, login/logout to and from ACD, calls, etc. But how to connect to the softphone is the missing piece. I already started writting some of the event sink but for now I want to understand how to connect my CTI Connector to the Softphone Connector. For example in CTILogin method how could I utilize CCTIAgent?

werewolfwerewolf
I'm not sure what you mean by "utilizing CCTIAgent," you don't generally touch that class when you're writing an adapter.  Have a look at what the demo adapter does, its sample code is included in the package.
aedlsaedls

If that is the case and correct me if I am wrong. I will be use my CTI system to do all CTI actions (calls, etc.) and use SFDC for UI updates and events to reflect what the CTI system is doing at the background?

werewolfwerewolf

Yes, but all of the CTI system's touchpoints with the CTI Toolkit should go through CCTIUserInterface or the event sink; you generally do not need to touch the classes like CCTIAgent or CCTILine.

In general, as written here, Salesforce.com strongly recommends that end users do not write their own adapters but work with the various partners that provide and support prebuilt adapters.

aedlsaedls
Thank you for time and effort in answering my enquiries.
aedlsaedls

Hi werewolf,

Is it adviceable to include manage code to your CTI Toolkit? Or better yet do you have any C# template for CTI Toolkit? I am sorry to ask but all of my libraries for CTI System is in C#. Thanks for your advice in advance.
Message Edited by aedls on 03-05-2010 01:23 PM
werewolfwerewolf
The CTI Toolkit is written only in C++, not in C#.  I have heard that some have been successful in turning on C++ managed extensions for it, but I have not done it myself so I cannot comment on how it can be done (or even whether it can in fact be done successfully).
This was selected as the best answer
Shreyas.ax979Shreyas.ax979

Did you manage to create a CTI connector fot your Avaya system? I'm trying to get a simple connector built for our Avaya IP Office system.