function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
wattsswattss 

Adding Approval History block to a custom page

I am in the process of developing a custom page in place of the standard for a custom object.

So far I have been able to display the data for the custom object on my custom page. However, I would like to use on my custom  page are some of the standard blocks such as Activity History, Approval History and Notes & Attachments.

I believe I saw somewhere, a while ago when researching something else, on the Salesforce site how to do this but have been unable to find the resource again.

Is this possible and how can it be done?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
certi_vimalcerti_vimal

Hi,

Please check couple of below syntaxes to add standard related lists:-

<apex:relatedList list="OpenActivities"/>
    <apex:relatedList list="ActivityHistories"/>
    <apex:relatedList list="NotesAndAttachments"/>
    <apex:relatedList list="ProcessSteps"/>

Also, you can find lists names in 2 ways:-

1)From Force.com IDE(Eclipse) 

2)Setup > App Setup > Develop > API and click the link the for the enterprise WSDL. Go to the parent object definition and look through the items that are typed "QueryResult". These are the API names which you will need to use for your relatedList.list attribute.

Related thread link is :-http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=Visualforce&thread.id=3040&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Thanks,

Vimal

Force.com Certified Salesforce.com Developer

All Answers

certi_vimalcerti_vimal

Hi,

Please check couple of below syntaxes to add standard related lists:-

<apex:relatedList list="OpenActivities"/>
    <apex:relatedList list="ActivityHistories"/>
    <apex:relatedList list="NotesAndAttachments"/>
    <apex:relatedList list="ProcessSteps"/>

Also, you can find lists names in 2 ways:-

1)From Force.com IDE(Eclipse) 

2)Setup > App Setup > Develop > API and click the link the for the enterprise WSDL. Go to the parent object definition and look through the items that are typed "QueryResult". These are the API names which you will need to use for your relatedList.list attribute.

Related thread link is :-http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=Visualforce&thread.id=3040&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Thanks,

Vimal

Force.com Certified Salesforce.com Developer

This was selected as the best answer
wattsswattss

Vimal,

Thank you for the reply. That worked a treat.

You mentioned that it is possible to get the list names from the Force.com IDE(Eclipse). So far I haven't out how to get that. Please could you advise.

I must be having a bad hair day as I am also now able to generate the enterprise WSDL, unless that is not available from the Developer edition.

Thanks.

Steve