function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PSteves91PSteves91 

Has the Force IDE for Spring 10 been released?

Hello All,

I realize that this is a silly question, but when I try to update my Force IDE in Eclipse 3.4, using software updates, it states that no updates are available.

So I downloaded Eclipse 3.5 Galileo and tried installing the Force.com plugin, but the version number shows:  Force.com IDE    16.0.0.200906151227.

Is this the correct version for the Spring 10 release? I was under the impression that we should be using 18.x?

Thanks...

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JonPJonP
At salesforce.com, ensuring customer success through trusted and reliable products are our top priorities.  As part of our commitment to deliver on these priorities, we’ve made the decision to postpone the release of the Force.com IDE.

We expected to release a new Force.com IDE shortly after all salesforce.com instances upgraded to Spring ’10.  Due to extensive changes required in our test infrastructure to support Eclipse 3.5, the development effort has taken longer than expected.  The new release date for the Force.com IDE for Spring ’10 will be April 19th, 2010.

We recognize that many of you have been waiting for an updated IDE since Winter ’10, and we appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this change may cause to you and your organization.

Best regards,
Jon
salesforce.com Product Manager 

All Answers

a.schaefera.schaefer
according to
http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Force.com_IDE

The new Force.com IDE for Spring '10 will be released shortly after the Spring '10 server upgrade cycle has completed. Here's a highlight of what's new:
[..]

since there were some major delays with Spring '10, i wouldn't expect the IDE too soon...

- Andreas
andrea_oeandrea_oe

Hi all,

I'm waiting for it too...

Also I found this: https://sites.secure.force.com/features/ideaView?c=09a30000000DCUV&id=0873000000078FcAAI, but I don't know how to view that... This says "Automatically visible to all users. No setup required."

JonPJonP
At salesforce.com, ensuring customer success through trusted and reliable products are our top priorities.  As part of our commitment to deliver on these priorities, we’ve made the decision to postpone the release of the Force.com IDE.

We expected to release a new Force.com IDE shortly after all salesforce.com instances upgraded to Spring ’10.  Due to extensive changes required in our test infrastructure to support Eclipse 3.5, the development effort has taken longer than expected.  The new release date for the Force.com IDE for Spring ’10 will be April 19th, 2010.

We recognize that many of you have been waiting for an updated IDE since Winter ’10, and we appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this change may cause to you and your organization.

Best regards,
Jon
salesforce.com Product Manager 
This was selected as the best answer
andrea_oeandrea_oe

Ok Jon,

Thank you for let us know...

Andrea