function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
coolKarnicoolKarni 

Rename standard AccountName field

Can we rename the AccountName Standard Field label for Name of Account to any other value(Ex:MyName).

I am able to rename the custom object name as an edit link is placed before the object name field.

But i am not able to see any edit button or link before the account name.

Please let me know if it is possible. Your Help is appreciated.....

Thanks

shaan

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
coolKarnicoolKarni

I got the solutuion we can rename the standard fields this option is available in

setup|Customize|Tab Names and Labels|Rename Tabs and Labels

Here we can rename the standard labels.

Thanks

shaan

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf
Renaming of standard fields can only be done if Salesforce.com turns on a switch for you, so contact Support, but even then I'm not certain you can rename the Name field.
coolKarnicoolKarni
Thanks for the reply.. will work on it...
coolKarnicoolKarni

I got the solutuion we can rename the standard fields this option is available in

setup|Customize|Tab Names and Labels|Rename Tabs and Labels

Here we can rename the standard labels.

Thanks

shaan

This was selected as the best answer
rkanorkano

This is to rename standard objects label and not the field label. Even I tried renameing standrad field label in custom object but even if I save it on page layout its not reflecting. Is there any way we can rename standard fields of type name is object? Please help!!

EuclidEuclid

Hi,

I have faced a similar. I have seen that the standard field Close Date (API Name: CloseDate) having a different label in the pagelayout. Although the page layout is not showing the modified field name. Can anyone please help me as to how this can be acheived?