function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rvkrvk 

Export data from two related objects

I have a master detail relationship between two objects. I have to export child object data to csv. while exporting the child object records I should also have some fields from parent object in the csv. Please let me know how can I do this either from Apex data loader or Informatica ondemand.

Thanks in advance.

vrk.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
kingkong94538kingkong94538

Write a query using Apex Eplorer and test it.

Copy the query and paste it in APEX data loader (under Export). 

That's it!

If you need more detail, send me the objects structure and I'll write you your query.

All Answers

Write a query using Apex Eplorer and test it.

Copy the query and paste it in APEX data loader (under Export). 

That's it!

If you need more detail, send me the objects structure and I'll write you your query.

This was selected as the best answer

Note: the current version of apex explorer has a bug. If you copy paste the query and run the export, the result is always a blank file.

For example, if you type select id from lead in a notepad and paste it into APEX Data Loader and then execute the Export command, the result will be a blank file. If you select the lead object and select the id and then run the export command, you'll get the result.

Check with Salesforce support to get the older version of APEX Data Loader and then do what I told you in my last post.

my bad typo: current version of apex data loader has a bug (not the apex explorer)