function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BrianHBrianH 

Unable to Migrate Profiles - Ideas/Community Related

We recently turned on "Ideas" within one of our sandboxes.  In doing so, we set up a couple of different communities.  After doing this set up, we are no longer able to migrate profiles from one sandbox to another (or to production).  It appears that turning on Ideas and setting up communities caused the profiles to get updated with record type setting similar to:.

<recordTypeVisibilities>
        <default>false</default>
        <recordType>Idea.Record_type_for_community_09aQ000000000SUIAY_entity_Idea</recordType>
        <visible>false</visible>
    </recordTypeVisibilities>

Since this record type visibitlity contains a Salesforce ID, it will never match between environments.  When we try to migrate profiles, we receive an error that says, "Standard : In field: recordType - no RecordType named Idea.Record_type_for_community_09aQ000000000SUIAY_entity_Idea found".

Any thoughts on what we need to do in order to be able to migrate profiles again?

EIE50EIE50

Hi Brian,

I would suggest you re-creating your communities in your production org manually, and then try to migrate profiles via IDE or change sets (I'm not familiar with ANT though).

Thanks.

BrianHBrianH

EIE50, thanks for the reply.

The way we generally handle new functionality/migrations is that we have 2 sandboxes (development and demo).  We do all of our initial work in the development sandbox and then migrate it to demo to test with the full data sandbox.  If everything works well there, we migrate to production.

In this case, we did all of our initial configuration in "development".  We got the error when trying to migrate to demo.  We then tried manually creating the communities in the demo environment.  However, we still can't migrate the profiles since the IDs of the community are different, and therefore the profiles are different. 

I have no idea why Salesforce thought it would be a good idea to create a recordType that contians an ID in the name.