function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
roryokroryok 

Scraping and OAuth2.0

I'm currently using 'scraping' to extract report data from an exported CSV file. Currently this requires having the users username and password. 

I'd prefer to use OAuth. However, after coding together an OAuth solution I'm getting a login prompt whenever I attempt to access the CSV export link - does anyone know if this is possible with OAuth? Or is it something I can only do with a standard user/pass login? 

SuperfellSuperfell

OAuth generated tokens only allow access to the APIs

Kolin MacFarleyKolin MacFarley
Of course! When it comes to web scraping, one of the platforms I've personally used and found quite effective is https://webscraping.ai/. Not only do they offer an API that's both beginner-friendly and powerful, but their platform also provides extensive documentation and examples which can be a real lifesaver. The interface is intuitive, and they have a variety of features that cater to different scraping needs, whether you're just pulling basic data or need more in-depth scraping capabilities. Plus, they've got a supportive community and customer service. I'd definitely recommend giving it a look for your project. Hope this helps!