function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BA_AdminBA_Admin 

Email to Case

Hi All,

In the Email to case i have setup new one and i got Email service address robert@n-72d4pvgkqn6fnf1bg69vvsnpt.qcl59mag.q.case.sandbox.salesforce.com but iam not finding any way to configure it , i got a msg saying that

Salesforce.com automatically created the following email service address for you: robert@n-72d4pvgkqn6fnf1bg69vvsnpt.qcl59mag.q.case.sandbox.salesforce.com. Configure your email system to forward messages received at robert@mycompany.com to this email services address.

Can any body plz let me know how to do this..

TIA!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ReidCReidC

You want to 1) have a new case created through email2case and then 2) immediately clone the case you just created.  In this case, every email2case would result in 2 cases.  That's what you want?

You are able to do this with a trigger. 

All Answers

ReidCReidC

Check with your email administrator.  Usually it just involves setting up an alias -- pretty easy.  If you are your own admin, look on your email system docs for the word "alias".

*werewolf**werewolf*

Also see this blog post.

BA_AdminBA_Admin

Hi,

Sry for my late reply, actually i got the req and is there any way to clone the case when the case is created from email to case , usually when the customer sends the email then the case is created through email to case functionality but i want to clone this case automatically when it's created..is it possible?

ReidCReidC

You want to 1) have a new case created through email2case and then 2) immediately clone the case you just created.  In this case, every email2case would result in 2 cases.  That's what you want?

You are able to do this with a trigger. 

This was selected as the best answer
BA_AdminBA_Admin

Yes exactly this is what something iam looking for, is there any way to do rather than going for customization

ReidCReidC

Not that I know of. 

I'm curious about why you want each email2case call to create 2 cases.  I assume you have a good reason.  But FWIW usually when I hear that kind of thing, and dig a little deeper, it seems like it's not really needed.  Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chit chat about it.

BA_AdminBA_Admin

Reid,

Thx for your support , the reason why i need this is when we hire a new employee we have to create 4 different cases for him.

1) To create contact in sfdc

2) Assign Laptop

3) Phone

4) Creating user in sfdc

I want to reduce the work to helpdesk team by not making them to create 4 different cases just for 1 person, so i was wondering if we use the email to case then if it can clone the case 4times then it could be much easier for them to work, rather then cloning each case 3times, but i couldn't find solution.

TIA!

ReidCReidC

Are they four different cases because you have four different assignees?  Have you considered using predefined case teams as part of your on boarding process?  Just was reading through help on Case Teams Overview -- looks like a pretty nice feature. 

When I think about this problem -- and I have a limited number of details, so I know it might be more complex than this -- it sounds to me like this is really one employee onboarding case and what you want to do is make sure that the whole case is completely closed.  If you used case teams and then created four custom fields for each of the assignments, that would give you a single view about whether that employee was successfully onboarded or not.

The four custom fields would be related to the tasks you mentioned:

SFDC Contact added? Y (maybe also add a lookup to that contact)

SFDC User added?  Y (maybe also add a lookup to the user)

Laptop assigned? Y (assuming you are tracking laptops in SFDC, add link)

same for Phone.

And then a validation rule that the case can't be closed until everything is complete.

That would give you a really nice, single view of the process.

Thoughts?

BA_AdminBA_Admin

Reid,

Again thx for time to reply,  let me explain you lil clear about what exactly i need.

Usually if we implement the Email to case, then if someone sends an email then that email gets converted as case, but i was wondering if there is any way that case can be cloned as 4 different cases while email gets converted, instead of cloning into 4 different cases.

Replying to your questions,

yes they are 4 different cases and that cases might not be handled by same user, they might split the cases, so the assignees are different

we are using case teams and i guess this is totally different , basically case teams are meant if group of people are working on single case but here my task is completely different.

Basically when we use email to case the case gets created but the case owner has to clone the case to 4times and assign it to different people, so i was thinking instead of cloning if we have an option to clone it when case gets created then that might be helpful, but even i don't think that  gets existed in sfdc.