function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TarentTarent 

Insert Contact Data

I am new in salesforce so i don't know about how to use vlookup? i want to insert contact records using data loader and i ma not able for attach  account id into contact sheet so please tell me is there any tool in which i wil write the account name into contact sheet and don't use account id and my contact records will be insert into contact objects?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Yes there is tool by which you can insert contact records into your contact objects. You can use import Wizard for insert Account and Contact records. This will be visible in Administration Setup->Data Management->Import Accounts/Contacts.

You can attach account name into contact sheet instead of attach account id, and then insert contact records from import wizards.

Limit: - you can insert only 50000 records at a time.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Yes there is tool by which you can insert contact records into your contact objects. You can use import Wizard for insert Account and Contact records. This will be visible in Administration Setup->Data Management->Import Accounts/Contacts.

You can attach account name into contact sheet instead of attach account id, and then insert contact records from import wizards.

Limit: - you can insert only 50000 records at a time.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

This was selected as the best answer
iBr0theriBr0ther

Use external Id for mapping and upsert.