function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
huskerwendyhuskerwendy 

Current Quarter vs Same Quarter Last Year Sales Comparison reports

I'm trying to create a report to compare sales for the previous year's quarter to the current year's quarter or previous year's month to current year's month but am having a hard time making it work. I created a report using the time frame of Current and Previous CY. Then I grouped by the Close Date - Calendar Year and another group by on Close Date(2) - Calendar Month in Year. The problem with it is that it shows all months for last year but I really only want to compare January, 2011 - June, 2011 to January, 2012 - June, 2012. Is there a way to do this. Also, I'd really like to be able to compare Q1-2011 vs Q1-2012. Is that possible?

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg
I know this is a long shot since this posting is so old, but did you find a way to do this? I am also tasked with creating this style of report and havent figured it out yet. They want a graph that compare Q1 for the last 3 years, then Q2 and so on... 
huskerwendyhuskerwendy
Unfortunatelyf, the best I could come up with was to use the "Current and Previous CY" date range in the report and compare each month for the Current Year and the Previous Year. I made it a matrix report and grouped by Calendar Year for the column and grouped by Calendar Month in Year for the rows. If you come up with a solution, I would love to know. 
Patrick Sullivan CloudAnswersPatrick Sullivan CloudAnswers
All you need to do is add a Formula Field to that record and have it print the Quarter Number or Month Number. Then when you are in your reports, you have a filter for only records Current and Previous CY AND a filter for your custom formula = 1. That way you will return the right Quarter or year interval and the right two years.