function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
champvimalchampvimal 

Custom "User" Report Type does not contain Login History information

Hi,

We have a report made from Report Type Users available from "Administrative Reports" OOB folder. The report shows the list of logins of users by their roles and groups them by Branch (custom field on User object).

Now, we also created a dashboard component (Pie Chart) to show the % of logins for each role. As a sys admin, we are able to see the component and then drill down to report on click of the component. However, as a Standard User ( a custom Standard User profile is used for such Standard Users), when I log in and click on the dashboard component, I get this error :

"Insufficient Privileges
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary."

The custom Standard User profile naturally is not allowed to have "Manage Users" permission. I am reckoning, this may be the issue? If I give "Manage Users" permission, it does allow the standard user access the report underlying the dashboard component. However, I dont think that is the way to go, as "Manage Users" permission invites many powerful administrative privileges alongwith it.

So I thought of a custom "User" report type to be created and then build the report from it. But custom "User" report type does not give me "Login History" information fields like "Client Type", "Login Date/Time", etc. How can I have these fields accessed for custom "User" report type?

How can I resolve this issue for the standard user to see the report behind the dashboard component?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal