function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Stuart_KimbleStuart_Kimble 

ant deployment of classes defined as @RestResource

Since the summer 12 upgrade I have been experiencing trouble with our automated CI build. We use ant running in Hudson to build our entire source code every hour. Our build is contininually failing with random error ids for example (An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1777914353-1630 (1745488442)) with each ant deployment even if the source hasn't changed. In our build we have three classes defined as @RestResource. Through trial and error I have discovered that if I clear the contents of these classes so that only the class definition remains then our build passes without issue. If I then add the class body back in and do a deployment then the build also passes without issue. If I then do a deployment again it fails. It seems like I cannot deploy a RestResource class with a body if one already exists. I logged this with Salesforce support and they said it is just a random error and closed the case. Has anyone else experienced a problem like this. Just to note that our automated build including RestResource classes has no issues prior to the summer 12 upgrade.