function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BridgetreeBridgetree 

Validation for Multi select Picklist

Hello All...

Can anyone tell me how to add a Validation to a PickList.

The Scenario is something Like this. I have a Areas fields of type Multi select Picklist and Probably 10 Values. At the time of Creation i should be able to Select a maximum of Three areas only.

How can i add the validation to the Multiselect Picklist

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Hi,

You can try this one below

IF( IF( INCLUDES( newpakge__datepic__c , 'name'),1,0) + IF( INCLUDES( newpakge__datepic__c , 'city'),1,0) + IF(INCLUDES( newpakge__datepic__c , 'state'),1,0)+ IF( INCLUDES( newpakge__datepic__c , 'country'),1,0)> 3, true,false)

You will have to add conditions (as IF( INCLUDES( picklist field , 'picklist value'),1,0))for all the multiselect values andcheck their sum count for greater than 3

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

BridgetreeBridgetree

Thanks Ispita for the Solution. This would work for me. But I have a small query. What if i have thousand values for the Picklist out of which i would be allowed only two and Not more that. Should i write the rule taking all the picklist values.?????????

Please let me know good solution