function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gliderjockeygliderjockey 

Is App Selection Broken?

Hi,

My team has noticed an intermittent issue with selection of custom apps from the app menu. It appears that sometimes when the user selects our custoim app from the menu, the tab row belongs to another SF app, such as Sales, but our VF markup shows up on one of the sales tabs. Furthermore, the app menu says the Sales app is selected.The symptom appears for a few hours or a day, and then everythiung starts working properly again after that.

For example, last night our dev was making changes to the Setup tab for our app. He made the changes and tested everything. The app in the app menu was correct and the tabs were correct. Finally he submitted the package.

This morning, I installed the package and noticed that app selectino was broken in our demo org. So I logged into our dev org and app selection was broken there too.

I asked the other dev to log in to our dev org and we both confirmed that our custom app was the current app and the tabs were correct. He then switched to the Sales app and back to the custom app. Now the tabs are for the Sales app and Sales shows up in the app menu.

We are both running as admin in both the dev org and the demo org and are seeing this broken behavior across both environments.

Are we just crazy, or is something broken on the Salesforce side today?

Thanks,

Steve

IspitaIspita

Hi Steve,

Of course you are not crazy :), but at times due to maintenance or other work at salesforce end you may see some unexpected bahaviour , please do take screen shots of this issue and log a support case with salesforce for a through root cause analysis. They are very helpful in their support.

Hope this helps...