function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BA_AdminBA_Admin 

Mass Updating the Views

Does any one know how to update the views for 10users at one time? we have 10 views in Opp for different users and now i want to change the criteria of the views , i was wondering if we can change at one time rather than going into one view at one time ?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
IspitaIspita

Hi,

One of the ways of trying this out is:-

• Using Metadata API based / driven  third party application that should help you extract, export, update view
  • Also if one checks out a project/org of salesforce in ecllipse using "All Metadata" option it brings onto your ecllipse all the components of an org in xml format.
  • Now chnaging these xml metadata files and saving should do the trick of easily updating the "Views" 

Hope this answers your query....

All Answers

IspitaIspita

Hi,

One of the ways of trying this out is:-

• Using Metadata API based / driven  third party application that should help you extract, export, update view
  • Also if one checks out a project/org of salesforce in ecllipse using "All Metadata" option it brings onto your ecllipse all the components of an org in xml format.
  • Now chnaging these xml metadata files and saving should do the trick of easily updating the "Views" 

Hope this answers your query....

This was selected as the best answer
BA_AdminBA_Admin

Do you know by which thard part application we can extract the views?

when we export the project i don't think we can see the views and change it by xml , i think it's limited to only UI

BA_AdminBA_Admin

I have successfully updated from eclipse.

Thank You

IspitaIspita

Anytime .....:)