function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mj12Mj12 

Adding a redbar to the Contact's first name

need help guys. when i go to setup and page layout i wanted to make the contact firstname required but what i only see the name.

and when im displaying the contact, it displays salutation,first name and last name(which has a red bar by default).

i cant provide a red bar to the firstname.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

This is a standard functionality of the salesforce. If you want to make the first name a required field then you can create a validation rule on the first name in contact.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

This is a standard functionality of the salesforce. If you want to make the first name a required field then you can create a validation rule on the first name in contact.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

This was selected as the best answer
Mj12Mj12

Thanks for the reply.

I already had a validation rule on the first name. our user wants to have a red bar next to first name upon load of the page.

but it's okay now, i already inform them that its not possible for it being a standard to the salesforce.

I appreciate your reply sir, thank you!