function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
euangreigeuangreig 

Reports on Dashboard are very different from when run on their own

I have just created my first dashboard and I have found that a bar chart displays very differently on it from how it appears in the corresponding report when run in its own right. As seen in the report.the chart has two bars corresponding to two columns on the report, a legend, and no axis labels. On the dashboard, there is only one bar, no legend, and the axis labels are shown. I can't for the life of me see any options in the dashboard creation screens to fix this.

The strange thing is that other dashboards in our sandbox do show charts with all the features I want, but I cannot look at how that is done because the report designer errors out in the sandbox as the relevant data is not there.

Thanks in advance

Euan Greig

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
euangreigeuangreig

My topic should really have been Charts are not the same on dashboard as on the report. I felt a bit silly when I realised that there is a checkbox above where you pick the Chart type that says Use chart as defined in source report. This does what it says!

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

This rather depends on how you have configured the dashboard component.  You can either choose to use the chart from the report, in which case they will match up perfectly, or the chart can be configured via the dashboard component itself, in which case its highly likely they will be different.

euangreigeuangreig

My topic should really have been Charts are not the same on dashboard as on the report. I felt a bit silly when I realised that there is a checkbox above where you pick the Chart type that says Use chart as defined in source report. This does what it says!

This was selected as the best answer