function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MichaelABMichaelAB 

How do I create a button that will copy data from one field and paste it in another?

I have three fields that 99% of the time I will want the data to be cloned/copied to three other fields.

What I want is to be able to click a button to do this automatically rather than having to type

the information again?

Is there an easy way to do this?

Michael

Message Edited by MichaelAB on 07-23-2009 09:41 AM
MSSBMeghanMSSBMeghan

You might want to consider creating a custom button off of a Web Integrated Link.  Here's some info on WILs:

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=custom_formula&message.id=501#M501

Or another route would be workflow - field update.

I have some other pages bookmarked on WIL if you want more info.

KIBLKIBL
I just added a custom checkbox field and a workflow to update the Contact Phone Number when the checkbox is checked.  The Contact Phone Number field is a required field so it is throwing me an error before the field is updated.  How do I get around this?
MSSBMeghanMSSBMeghan

KIBL wrote:
I just added a custom checkbox field and a workflow to update the Contact Phone Number when the checkbox is checked.  The Contact Phone Number field is a required field so it is throwing me an error before the field is updated.  How do I get around this?

Not sure if you are still working on this - and sorry for not responding much sooner - haven't been on the boards all that much. 

Do you have a workflow updating the check box, or does the check box require the end user to execute?

Have you considered a time based workflow?  The challenge with that is time based workflows are set on calendar days, and I don't know how you would get it to fire off of a datetime expression.

KIBLKIBL

The checkbox requires the end user to check the box.  I haven't used a timebased workflow.  I'll try it.