function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SCRSCR 

Custom SObject Not Visible in Apex Explorer or Eclipse Force.com IDE

Hello - I am working on the Developer Guide project and exercises and I'm not able to see one of the custom objects that I created which is housing data.  The project calls for building a custom application, the Recruiting App, for Universal Containers (the fictitious company).  There are 3 related objects that are the subject of my problems.  The Job Application object is a custom object that is a junction object between the Candidate and Position objects, which are Master Objects for the Job Application object.  Though I can see all of the object information for Job Application object through the Setup menu, it does not show up at all in the Apex Explorer or Force.com IDE Schema viewer.  I use the Apex Explorer and the Eclipse Force.com IDE to build and test SOQL queries and find fields and relationships I need to access in Apex Classes.  Is there some setting that some how got set to hide this information?  OR does anyone have any idea how I can resolve it? 

Additional information... I have followed the Load Instructions from the Code Share for this project for every chapter, which involves running an Ant Based Force.com Migration tool to load files and packages into the Force.com application before every chapter.  I found and fixed several unpublished errors with this Code Share project.  It seems to function fine in every other way, except I cannot see the Job Application relationship and fields from the Candidate and Position objects. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks,SCR

Message Edited by SCR on 07-25-2009 07:55 PM
Message Edited by SCR on 07-25-2009 07:57 PM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Siddhesh KabeSiddhesh Kabe

In that case, try refreshing the project again. If they are in 'Deployed' mode they should come.

If this does not work, 

Righ-click on Project in Eclipse IDE, go to Project Metadata components.

A new window will pop-up called 'Force.com Project Component' 

Click on Add/remove button.

In the window, select 

'Objects-Custom'

and 

'Objects- Standard'

This will refresh your project and get you those objects.

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

SiD,

http://sidoscope.blogspot.com

All Answers

SCRSCR

CORRECTION!

The Job_Application__c SObject does show up in the Eclipse Force.com IDE Schema Viewer. The Job Application object can be seen in the Child Relationships nodes for both Positions and Candidates, but I am unable to successfully run queries for Child Relationship data for the Job Application object when I attempt to acccess the data by traversing the relationship.  Any help and ideas are greatly welcomed.

Thanks,

SCR

prabhutumprabhutum

Check if the deployment status of the custom object is "In Development". If so, try changing it to "Deployed" and see if that does the trick.

Pr@sh...

SCRSCR

Yes, I had already checked that and it shows as "Deployed."

In that case, try refreshing the project again. If they are in 'Deployed' mode they should come.

If this does not work, 

Righ-click on Project in Eclipse IDE, go to Project Metadata components.

A new window will pop-up called 'Force.com Project Component' 

Click on Add/remove button.

In the window, select 

'Objects-Custom'

and 

'Objects- Standard'

This will refresh your project and get you those objects.

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

SiD,

http://sidoscope.blogspot.com

This was selected as the best answer
SCRSCR
This did help to see some of the objects in the Force.com IDE, but it still doesn't show up in the Apex Explorer.
pex Exc Aok...i do not use apex explorer as Eclipse IDE is enough to view the schema. However I will explore it today and see if we have a solution.
prabhutumprabhutum

Just to be sure can you check if the Endpoint is pointing to the correct environment -- Sandbox(test.salesforce.com) or Production(www.salesforce.com)?