function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
angusgrantangusgrant 

Simple Questions but I cant work out how they are done? User Login and Contact Label Change

First Question:

I have created a number of new users with a particular profile restricting there access to certain data. Before giving each user a login. I wanted to test logging in as the user. How can this be done it seems from the documentation as if I can only login as the user if they allow me permissions to do so? Surely there is a way of testing each user prior to giving each a login? Please help.

Second Question:

How do I change the address contact label names on the Contact object. In the developer account this is set to "mailing street", "mailing zip post code" etc.. however in the enterprise account it is set to "primary street" and "primary zip post code". I wish it to be the "mailing" address not "primary" address. Please advise.  

Message Edited by angusgrant on 07-27-2009 08:35 AM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Siddhesh KabeSiddhesh Kabe

First Question:

I have created a number of new users with a particular profile restricting there access to certain data. Before giving each user a login. I wanted to test logging in as the user. How can this be done it seems from the documentation as if I can only login as the user if they allow me permissions to do so? Surely there is a way of testing each user prior to giving each a login? Please help.

If you are using enterprise license, you can login through any profile, go to Setup | Administrative Setup | Manage Users | Users. Select the user you want to login as and action Login.This feature is not available on developer license and I am not sure about other license.

Also you need to be system admin to use the feature.

Second Question:

How do I change the address contact label names on the Contact object. In the developer account this is set to "mailing street", "mailing zip post code" etc.. however in the enterprise account it is set to "primary street" and "primary zip post code". I wish it to be the "mailing" address not "primary" address. Please advise.  

Go to Setup | App Setup | Customize | Tab names and labels | Rename Tabs and Labels | Edit on Contact

Hope it helps,

SiD

http://sidoscope.blogspot.com

All Answers

shillyershillyer

1. A user must grant login access to an admin. With that, why not change one of the user's email address to you, login and check the experience, then change it back.

2. Check out renaming tabs and fields.

Hope that helps,

Sati

Siddhesh KabeSiddhesh Kabe

First Question:

If you are using enterprise license, you can login through any profile, go to Setup | Administrative Setup | Manage Users | Users. Select the user you want to login as and action Login.This feature is not available on developer license and I am not sure about other license.

Also you need to be system admin to use the feature.

Second Question:

Go to Setup | App Setup | Customize | Tab names and labels | Rename Tabs and Labels | Edit on Contact

Hope it helps,

SiD

http://sidoscope.blogspot.com

This was selected as the best answer
angusgrantangusgrant
Thanks for providing me these responses it was useful.