function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SushupsiSushupsi 

Integration with external Oracle Systems to extract data and push the retrieved data into Salesforce

:smileysad::smileysad:

We have a critical issue that needs immediate help.

We are trying to integrate few systems which are external to Salesforce. The systems are Oracle based systems.

We need a lead as to how to proceed with the integration thing.

We are searching for an optimal solution which would drop the need of intermediatory staging tables etc;

Please help us with the following queries :

1.) A solution was proposed for how to extract data from Oracle systems and Push the same into SFDC.

The solution being the usage of JDBC connectivity and using java programming quering the Oracle systrems and invoking a method which is in SFDC by passing the queried data as parameters into this method which would push the data into the objects.

2.) The use of web-services in such cases.

3.) Oracle Connect which we have seen in the Ssalesforce guide. Is this intended for requirements like ours?

Please respond ASAP. TIA.

SteveBowerSteveBower

I don't know about the rest of the gang, but before I'd try to give you a response I'd have to know more things like the size of the data you're talking about, both for initial load as well as ongoing integration.  Also, frequency and if you require dynamic integration e.g. pushing live transactions as they happen, or if running batch bulk operations is sufficient.  

Best, Steve.