function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sales4cesales4ce 

Importing Leads

Hi,

I have a CSV file, which has Lead information, like Lead Owner, First Name, Last Name, Address Line1,City,State,Country,Postal Code.

I want those Leads to be added to a campaign.I go to that campaign, then use the wizard to import leads.

I follow the steps in the wizard and map corresponding columns and i finish my import.

To My surprise, everything related to lead showed up except "Address Information" for all Leads.

The Address Information means, Address Line 1, City, State,Country,Postal Code.

Did anybody encounter this issue before?

I am looking if anybody can help me with this or am i missing anything?

I used to do the same before, it didn't happen before.But lately, whenever i try to import leads using that wizard, it isn't updating address information.

Thanks in advance for help/idea.

Sales4ce

dbirlemdbirlem

I do know there is a special method to handling importing CSV data that has multi-variables (such as address information with city, state, etc). However, I do not know this process. 

kingkong94538kingkong94538

Try using Data Loader. I loaded my leads with address info and it worked.

If you are not able to load addresses on leads using data loader, check your access.

Always test load like 5 leads before you run the full batch load.

NBlasgenNBlasgen
The way you phrase it is a bit odd.  Did you map the fields and they didn't show up?  Or did you just allow the web interface to choose the mapping for you and that's what caused the issue (ie, they filled in the Shipping Address rather than the Company Address).  The web based load interface is fairly good at reminding you that you're leaving fields out, but it is quite bad at reminding you that they have auto-mapped fields incorrectly.