function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
YuckleYuckle 

Internal or Hidden Case

Is there any notion of an internal or private case?  We occassionally get hardware alerts for customers for whom we host their site.  We would like to create a case and assign it to a support rep but not have this visible to the customer.  We have considered creating a unique case type for these so we can exlcuse them from alert emails and such.  But, we use the Customer Self Service portal and have many superusers who can see all cases for their accounts.  We are concerned that they'll be able to see these cases and we'd rather they not.

Is there a way to do this?

Yuckle

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
YuckleYuckle

I had to solve this one myself.  There is a case field Visible in Self Service.  Just set this to false and the case is not displayed in the self service portal

All Answers

NBlasgenNBlasgen

It's an interesting question.  I'm wondering if something based on a Record Type might find a way to solve the issue for you.  At least you could make it so they can't see the details of the case and wont get emailed.  Anyways, if you don't get any feedback in a few days and since I'm also interested in this question (never ran into it, but worth knowing), just bump the thread and I'll see who I can ask.

https://na2.salesforce.com/help/doc/user_ed.jsp

YuckleYuckle
I got no repsonses other than yours
YuckleYuckle

I had to solve this one myself.  There is a case field Visible in Self Service.  Just set this to false and the case is not displayed in the self service portal

This was selected as the best answer