function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
coolKarnicoolKarni 

search criteria in reports

How can i implement search criteria within the report.

Currently i am able to display the report in tabular format, but i want to give a search criteria facility above the generated report.

while creating reports when we select the select criteria option  from dropdown , we can pass the input value over there.

But instead of doing that i want to dispaly the search filter option above the Generated report.

Is that possible in SF reports or do we have any other source fpr the requirement.

Please help me out of the issue as its urgent.

Thanks

shaan

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

You have asked basically 2 things:-

1. Can the report result set be filtered on the basic of some paraneter
    say in this case let's assume it to be account id

2. Can we put that filter criteria above the generated report, like in a regular search page.

Response:-

1. Yes Salesforce reports can be filtered on the basis of parameter sent via querystring.

How to build parameterized report : -
For this in - Step 6 of report creating wizard (where you provide the filter criteria) : Select your report criteria -- Select the field for AccountId or Account Name from the drop-down of fields and select the operator as "equalsto" and leave the value field as empty.

2. This is a sample custom link for reference:-
Now you can create a custom link on "Account" object as per the following link:-
/ReportTypeId?pv0={!AccountName or AccountId}

3. the numbering of parameter is pv0, pv1, pv2............ which are mention in
step 6 while specifying the filter condition.

Alternatively for a very intuitive UI you can use visual force for developing a custom report screen with filter criteria.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.